Routine HIV/STBBI testing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and others. It is always confidential and free.
HIV/STBBI Testing at HIV Edmonton
Mondays: 9:00am – 12:00pm, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Wednesdays: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Building closed 12:00pm – 1:00pm for lunch
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 9:00am – 12:00pm, 1:00pm – 4:00pm
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call/text our Nurse at 780-984-2241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
HIV Edmonton offers anonymous STBBI testing; you do not have to tell the nurse your name or give any other identifying information if you don’t want to.
The Rapid HIV Test gives you a result in just a few minutes. It detects antibodies seven weeks after infection and is just as accurate as a Standard HIV Test.
Rapid testing is available in Edmonton at:
- Emergency Wards at the University of Alberta Hospital, Misericordia, Grey Nuns and Royal Alexandra Hospital. *While at the emergency ward, a nurse will assess your circumstances and advise if you are eligible for a Rapid HIV Test.
- For a fee the Dx Clinic Southside can also facilitate rapid tests as well as a full screening of STIs – More information here
Self-test kits can be picked up at HIV Edmonton. An HIV self-test kit is a rapid test that you can use by yourself and receive the results in less than a minute. For more information, please contact us by calling 780-488-5742 x 203 or emailing email@example.com.
The province wide, toll-free, 24 hour STBBI and HIV information line is 811.
The Edmonton STI Clinic is located at 11111 Jasper Avenue (the old General Hospital, Main floor, Jasper Avenue Entrance).
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:45am -4:45pm, Tuesday: 9:45am -5:00pm.
The Edmonton STI Clinic is currently seeing patients by appointment only. At this time, the clinic is booking same day afternoon or next day morning appointments.
- no walk-ins, appointments only
- patient intake (appointment booking) begins 15 minutes after the posted opening time
- all clients are pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure
- routine testing may be provided, if appointment times are available
- self-collection testing is temporarily available
Urgent concerns are prioritized, which include:
- patients with a known STI and require treatment
- contact to a known STI and require testing / treatment
- symptoms of an STI
- care following a recent sexual assault
Services provided by this clinic: FREE and CONFIDENTIAL testing, counseling and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs); testing for HIV and Blood Borne Pathogens (BBPs).
The clinic also provides:
- detailed syphilis diagnosis, treatment and follow up
- hepatitis A, B and HPV vaccine program for qualified individuals
- HIV, hepatitis A, B and C testing for qualified individuals
- emergency contraception
- counselling and client education
- contact tracing and partner notification
- testing and treatment provided in community to those unable to access other sites or providers
- harm reduction supply distribution (e.g. needles, condoms)
- referrals to other services
Evening Testing Clinic for gay, bi, queer, trans, Two-Spirit, and other men who have sex with men:
Third Thursday of the month from 5-8PM at the Red Ribbon Building, 9702 111 Ave Edmonton AB, T5G 0B1
Book your appointment here! (Appointments are recommended)
Offering STI testing including HIV testing- free, as well as Point of Care/Rapid Tests available for a fee this clinic is 2SLGBTQ+ safe/friendly and offers prevention information including an approved PrEP Physician.
What they offer:
- After-hours STI testing at our centre
- Testing available through Alberta Health or pay a fee for the instant tests
- Testing for HIV, bacterial infections/diseases and diseases of the blood
- Pregnancy testing, fee associated with instant tests
- Approved HIV PrEP Doctor
Your family physician can screen you for HIV and other STBBI’s.
Any walk-in clinic can give you access to an HIV test or STI screening. Please visit this link for a list of clinic locations and hours
405 North Tower
10030 107 Street, Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3E4; 780-735-0010
They offer counselling, information and referrals as needed on contraception, unplanned pregnancies, pregnancy options, and safe sex practices.
- birth control pills
- birth control injections (Depo Provera shots)
- EVRA patch
- IUDs (intrauterine devices)
- emergency contraceptive pill (the Morning After Pill/Plan B)
Sexual health-related testing:
- pregnancy tests
- Pap test
- STIs testing (sexually transmitted infections)
Clients are welcome to bring their partner or a friend for support.
You can reach HIV Edmonton, toll-free, at 1-877-388-5742.