Work With Us
Peer Research/Community Development Associates- Healthy Canadians & Communities Fund (Phase One)
5-10 Temporary, part-time position to start June 2022-March 31, 2023
HIV Edmonton is an inclusive and dynamic community-based charitable organization devoted to ZERO: zero new HIV transmissions, zero stigma and discrimination and zero AIDS related deaths.
HIV Edmonton is currently seeking Peer Research/Development Associates for phase one of an anticipated multi-phased project targeting the reduction of chronic disease risk factors and healthy living for those within the HIV community.
As a result of advancements in HIV treatment, those living with HIV are finding they may also be at risk for other chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease or cancers. Their health may also be negatively impacted by behavioural risk factors such as unhealthy eating, inactivity and tobacco use. The purpose of this project is to design a prototype program intervention to reduce the impact of behavioural risk factors to acquire a second chronic disease for those living with HIV. In collaboration with a small team of people living with HIV as co-designers and visionaries for the intervention, the successful candidate will conduct preliminary research and establish a framework, including a plan of action, logic model and stakeholder map, to design a program intervention which reduces additional chronic disease risk. This position may appeal to a candidate in the HIV Edmonton community.
Incumbents are expected to begin work in late June 2022.
- We are looking for peer associates to participate in the development of healthy lifestyle opportunities and to work with others who experience HIV and additional chronic health challenges.
- We are designing healthy lifestyle programming and recognize the important perspective of being a peer with lived experience of HIV.
- As a person living with HIV and/or AIDS each of us have life experience that will inform the design process. The associates will work closely with community members to understand the appropriate ways to partner with individuals living with HIV in developing approaches to health promotion.
- As an integral member of the team, the Peer Research and Community Development Associate will assist the team in the design of local community-based strategies for health promotion.
- This position will have the option of hybrid or remote working.
- People living with HIV and AIDS have the necessary lived experience and are encouraged to apply.
Hourly rate: $25,000 per hour.
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is selected.
To apply, Forward at letter of interest to: Martin Anderson, Project Lead at email@example.com
Applicants who are interested in learning more about this position are invited to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.