We are ready to safely welcome Volunteers back into the Red Ribbon building!
Volunteering is more than the giving of your time; it is the exchanging of experiences.
- Volunteering is an opportunity to learn more about HIV and AIDS.
- Gain a greater understanding of the social issues that surround HIV AIDS.
- Meet individuals in the community that are doing HIV AIDS work both locally and globally.
- Exercise your right to be an informed and participatory citizen.
- Give back to the community.
- Enrich your CV with meaningful community involvement.
Check out our Current Volunteer Opportunities
Member, Board of Directors
HIV Edmonton is seeking volunteer Board members who will play an important governance role in our organization. We strongly encourage people living with HIV, ACB community, Transgender people and Indigenous Peoples to be a valued voice to our movement forward.
The volunteer Board member position will be of interest to people who can demonstrate their existing connections to the HIV community and who have the following knowledge, skills, or background:
- Experience on a Board of Directors of a community-based organization
- Strong understanding how a Board operates within a governance framework
- Resides in the Province of Alberta
- Additional experience in the following areas is not necessary but may be helpful:
– Knowledge/Experience in the Business sector
– Financial management/control
– Strong connections or understanding of fund development
– Legal or Human Resources background
All applicants will be interviewed by the Nominations Committee. Successful applicants will be vetted by the Committee and recommended to be placed on the voting ballot at the Annual General Meeting in June.
Please apply with resume and cover letter stating your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is May 1, 2021.
We are looking for dedicated volunteers to help at our reception. Here, you will be helping answer phones, open the door, greet guests, enter data, label condoms and more!
When: Monday-Thursday from 9:00AM – 1:00PM and 1:00PM – 5:00PM
Where: Red Ribbon Building (9702 111 Avenue)
Interested in learning more? Please email our Volunteer coordinator, Jane at email@example.com